Khmer Empire - Angkor Wat


Advertisement
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
June 8th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

29/06/2009 - 31/06/2009 The Temples at Angkor I always find it increasingly difficult to blog about things that have struck me and left me in absolute awe. I feel like every word I use, does not do justice to the overwhelming magnificence of it. Such are the Temples at Angkor. Spanning a radius over 50 kms, some of the temples at Angkor where built as early as 610. It is almost impossible to t... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




18th February 2010

I Love Cambodia
We are Khmer, so we must take care of our richest temple. and absolute against Thailand which is a very jealous country that invaded Cambodian without shyness.
21st September 2010

Excellent intro to Angkor touring!
Dear Andrew and Alexia, Thank you for posting this well-researched...and quite entertaining...account of your journey to Angkor. The antics of your tuk-tuk driver Hum kept me amused. I laughed out loud when he told you that the "Rolous temple group doesn't exist anymore". (-: Since 2005, I've devoted myself to studying the portraits of the sacred women of Angkor Wat. I have identified 1,796 women so far and each image is unique. Today, they're called by the Sanskrit terms devata or apsaras. No living person knows what the ancient Khmer called them. Their identity, significance and function remain a mystery. I actually found your post because you referred to Shakti, the female energy of the universe. Indeed that seems to be part of the solution to this puzzle. I will refer your post to friends visiting Angkor for the first time. You really captured the flavor, depth and even the humor of Cambodia.
4th October 2010

Thank you so much for your encouraging comment! We loved Angkor, we loved Cambodia and we hope to return back one day soon! Thank you for sharing!

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb