Temples and Tuk-Tuks


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
December 20th 2008
Published: January 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
AngkorAngkorAngkor

The Bayon Temple at Angkor Thom, the ancient city of the Angkor Kingdom
As we approached our landing in Siem Reap, i felt that sensation in my stomach that tells you you've arrived at your destination and that excitement is awaiting you. I'm sure everyone else in the group felt the same sort of thing.....the only difference for me i guess is that i knew exactly what to expect and exactly how exciting it would be!



Our first three days were spent exploring the amazing Angkor Temples together. With the help of our guide Mr Chin, we learnt about the history surrounding these amazing ruins.

After three days of rugged temple touring, we flew to the capital, Phnom Penh. Here the whole group were put through the emotional experience of visiting the s21 genocide museum and the killing fields. All though it was tough to handle for everyone, the group as a whole developed a great understanding of what the people of cambodia have had to suffer to get to where they are today.

We headed to the countryside town of Kampot next, where we took our time to explore the country lifestyle and even managed to have some fantastic experiences interacting with the local kids/ tour guides! Followed
Ta ProhmTa ProhmTa Prohm

The Tomb Raider Temple has been left in the state it was found - surrounded by jungle
by an afternoon boat trip out to Rabbit Island.

Our final stop on this journey was the beach side town of Sihanoukville where we took our time to relax, enjoy the beach and some amazing sunsets!

The trip wasn't only about observing tourism in the field, it was also an opportunity for us to get to know each other a little better, to bond, and to learn and understand the people of Cambodia, as well as their rich culture and history.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb