Say hello to Siem Reap!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
June 3rd 2008
Published: June 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

HAY YOU GUYS!,

So woke up at half 6 got on a bus to the cambodian boarder arrived immediately swarmed by children begging for the now informace cambodian phrase '1 dollar'. Nathan gave one child some to leave us alone and then another lot swarmed, welcome to cambodia! Then we took a taxi with an american and an indian guy over the worst roads know in the history of man to Siep Reap. From here got in a tuk tuk to a place called green house had a tv and fan so it was ok. Settled in and were both starving so headed for the main street which had about four places selling happy pizzas. So as they say 'when in rome' so I had a medium strengthed peperoni. Was a good pizza we went to play pool we met up with an ozzie a girl from pompy and a canadian girl. After an hour me and nath were gibbering like their was no tomorrow and this continued for the rest of the night. Then we went to look for somewhere to bop but werent really conhesive so hit the sack.

The next day was pretty much a right off consisting of watching crap films and alot of sleep. Went out met a dude from the night berfore he was an orphan from out of town we had a pizza with him and all jumped on this moped to a little club which started playing cambodian slow pop and everyone was slow grooving and then dancing in a circle round the dancefloor. Then the hiphop came on and everyone got on it. Our new mate was loving it donning his shades and chassing anything in a skirt. He dropped us back at the end and we gave him a little cah for his ophanage.

Woke early the next day to see the temples of ankor our tuk tuk driver showed us around ankor wat ankor thom ta prohm (from tomb raider) andf a couple of smaller temples. These were all amazing all with differenr stories but one day was enough dont understand how people can look at them for days on end. In the night then went for some food tried eggplant (was not so good) then went next door for the free pool. The pitchers here were lethal one called the temple was jd, sambuca and tequilla with coke. After a couple of these we were steaming met a couple of dudes from oz a couple of canadian girls and two absalutle shark cambodian players had a great laugh and stumbled back to the hostel.

Our last day in Siem Riep started with the standard hangover then went down to a shooting rnge. Glad when we got down there it was just a range not chicken, dogs or other stories you here about. I fired off an AK47 and (I had to) a tommy gun. Was awsome so powerful just riddling through these bullets. After that headed back into town had some food before buying a footy and heading to an orphanage. Played abit of footy and volleyball with this small orphange the people their were so friendly and welcomming. As the rain came we had to shoot back but left them a little cash to try and help. Went back had a traditional cambodian dish amok (which nathan had the night before and was stunning) then back for free pool where we played cambodian girls a couple of american guys and some dudes from bristol. Got backat three for the bus at 6 the bus jounrney to phnom penn was not going to be fun. Having a blast hope alls good

Loves ya

Tommy Gun

xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 189, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb