Cambodia Siem Reap & the temples


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
February 13th 2008
Published: February 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

OK, well the Temples of Angkor really need no introduction. If you haven't been there, book a ticket and go now, it's amazing. We flew there from Hanoi, away from the freezing cold rain and my cough and cold and into 35 degree heat. Wonderful. We stayed at the Empress Hotel which was lovely, but miles away from the centre which meant a 3 dollar tuk tuk to get any where. Although we only visited Siem Reap so I'm not sure what the rest of Cambodia is like, they are really only accepting dollars there. Even the bank machines only hold $, not sure what that is doing to the riel, but nothing good I'm sure.

We stayed in Siem Reap for three days and did the small circuit, which was wonderful, the photos don't necessarily do it all justice, but it really is breathtaking. Have some fresh pineapple as you walk around, it really keeps you going.

We were looked after by our wonderful Mr Vuth no 2977 good number (see his back in one of the photos). Tuk tuk is definitely the best way to get around & Siem Reap is great for food and drink after a hard day climbing around the ruins. We would have loved to have stayed longer, but Bangkok called...


Additional photos below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb