They Say It's Your Birthday


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
September 29th 2007
Published: September 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

For an early -- and I mean early -- birthday gift to myself, I decided to wake up at 4:30 am and watch the sunrise at one of the greatest wonders in the world: Angkor Wat.

Angkor Wat, in Siem Reap, is an archeological park of Hindu and Buddhist temples from the 11th and 12th century. The site is so expansive that they sell 3-day passes for guests looking to hit every temple.

It is huge.

How do you explain an entire city of religious relics from hundreds of years ago lying in ruin? And ones that you can actually traverse and navigate like those throughout history have done. Is there a way to write about that experience?

In my opinion, the answer is no.

So essentially I am going to post many of the pictures I took along with a YouTube video link; a 40-second panorama inside the enormous Angkor Wat temple.

(Click here to see the video)

Hope you all enjoy!

P.S. It might take awhile to load this entry due to all the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



30th September 2007

Happy Birthday!!! Well, this is a huge step better than hitting bars on your birthday. You'll never forget. Lovin' every minute of the BLOG!!! Be safe! Enjoy! We are SO-O-O-O jealous!

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb