Water World


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
May 12th 2007
Published: May 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Shanty TownShanty TownShanty Town

The part of Cambodia we hadn't yet seen

this morning we were able to go on a water filter delivery with Trailblazer! What a ride, it was only about 25k's to the village but took about hour and a half to get there. The farms that we past had cattle that we so skinny that weren't sure how they could stand up. We felt like the 1st family as people were yelling hello's and were so excited to see us. Our driver says it was because they don't see white people riding in the back of trucks ever! With the recent rain the road was even worse than normal. We delivered 7 filter systems that will provide water to about 10 people each. It was quite satisfying to know that our weeks work will make a tangable difference here. It is more difficult to see how we can have a impact at the orphanage, the kids do seem to be hungry for physical touch and really enjoy playing and I guess for the time we have it will have to do.

We (minus Nicole) went to see the floating village this afternoon. It was a real eye opener. The poverty on the way there was like we
Floating  VillageFloating  VillageFloating Village

getting from here to there...
had not seen yet. The people there seemed less hopeful than those we have met, it really tugged at our hearts. The water village is all matter of floating houses, gift shops, fish & crocidile farms. The kids play on the water with anything that floats! ie. water coolers, large serving bowls, wash basins etc.. A complete water community!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Floating  VillageFloating  Village
Floating Village

playtime for the local kids


Tot: 0.322s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb