Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
January 31st 2007
Published: February 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Angkor WatAngkor WatAngkor Wat

she keeps getting in the way of a good piccy
we feel as if we are running down our trip and trying to get as much as possible done before we come home.

I had major preconceptions when it came to Cambodia. I presumed we would need a canoe and machette and be eating grubs to get to Angkor wat but no way. Its more like Wentworth eastate without the golf course. The streets are leafy and pleasant as you drive from
wat to Wat. Angkor is a small part of the overall place and in some ways as its SO busy the least intresting. The town nearby Siam reap is where you base yourself with all its newly built hotels and eateries, its so easy.
unfortunately the fucking french found Angkor back in the 19th centuary and feel the need to get involved. They seem to be rebuilding the ruins using concrete and new stone so it looses its charm. It seems the yanks have left an indeleble mark on the place as well becauce EVERYTHING is one US dollar, water, tea, coffee, internet, tuk tuk, pizza, toilet, chewing gum "excuse me how mu' oh fuck it heres a dollar".

We took a trip out to a massive lake that had Vietnam the other side apparently about 100 odd miles over the water. There seems to be a whole floating town in the lake with schools police stations and shops, very very surreal.

It is one place to come back to, the people are freindly and the place is on the up and with what they have been through good luck to them.


We are using our last week for a little r and r before heading back. We travelled down to Koh Chang island in Thailand and rented a beach hut. The sea is very calm and warm and we drink coconuts while reading our books. The one minor problem has been the Ruskies. They have for the first time apparently invaded the island. Not a problem in its self but they are so rude to the locals and get up to beat the Germans down to the pool.

This is it then!! back to the cold for us, but in a strange way we look forward to it. So thanks for reading our blogs they have been fun to do and thanks to all who have sent us messages back. We always looked forward to getting on the net to read. We will see you all in the near future as long as BA dont strike.

Matt and Dee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



5th February 2007

Welcome Back !!!
Wow, what a journey. I am sad that it all has to come to an end, but don't all good things ? Just see the farce that is Van Halen and their current reunion ! Will really miss reading the blogs, they have been so much fun ! And I imagine that you must feel sad knowing that it is the last one. I put forward the motion that you should now keep open a life blog so we can read about everything you do. From the first toilet visit in the morning, to cleaning the cats out and everything inbetween. Otherwise, life will not be the same without them ! Seriously though, it really has been wonderful being able to share your experiences as you trek around the World. I thank you both so much for sharing them with us all. It has been fantastic ! Enjoy the last week of R n R, and have a safe journey back. Look forward to seeing you, whenever that will be as we appreciate that you will be busy catching up with everyone upon your return ! Matt, Reading are doing fantastically in the Premiership, and I love watching them on Match Of The Day. And no, I am not taking the mickey. Good to see a hard working team not full of pretentious knobs playing passing football and reaping the rewards ! Just hope you are playing for bugger all on the last game of the season as we will probably be desparate for the points to get back into a UEFA Cup place ! Ta da !!!
6th February 2007

Hi, it's been great reading of all your adventures, such a shame it's coming to an end. Look forward to seeing you when you get back - I might wait until your tans have faded a bit first, though! Enjoy what's left of your hols xxxxx

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb