Kampong Cham


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » East » Kampong Cham
May 10th 2009
Published: May 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Kampong Cham the third biggest city in Cambodia although you'd be forgiven to think that it was no more than a large town. This was an overnight stop between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap and whilst the town itself had no major sights, a bicycle trip to the island of Koh Paen was especially enjoyable. Access to the island was via a temporary bamboo bridge which is dismantled when the water level rises during the monsoons. Cycling over the bridge was a bumpy but great experience. The bridge would give Megastructures a run for its money. On the island we cycled along greeted by the village children giving high 5's and getting a glimpse of everyday life. Karen got to check out the working conditions of her Cambodian counterparts when we visited the local school, it reminded me of my own primary school. Basic wooden desks in rows, a blackboard and very little on the walls. The rolls of thunder and flashes of lightning helped us pick up the pace on the way back over the bridge and as we returned the bikes the first fat raindrops fell.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb