Husband to be No. 1 found


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » Central
May 3rd 2013
Published: May 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Husband to be No. 1 found

An early start (7am) to Kbal Spean as its about a 40 minute car journey - known for its lingas carved into the rocky river bed (lingas are fertility carvings) and waterfall. A lovely 30 minute walk through lush tropical forest with some great vistas and it was at the top that I met Kort - my Cambodian husband to be. He might be 71 years young but theres plenty of life in him yet! Must be the daily assent as he seems to be the resident guide. Lovely guy - his English was very good and I thoroughly enjoyed the English lesson he requested from me. The new word 'poo' seemed to make his day!

A very refreshing shower under the waterfall was one of the highlights.



From Kbal Spean on to Banteay Srei - the pink temple. A small temple known for its wonderful intricate carvings as well as the sandstone being a shade of pink.
The Land mine museum was excellent - informative and emotional. Really makes you aware of the reality of the Khmer Rouge regime.
Back at 2pm to check out of 2 Dragons - moving on to My Home Villa with pool.

Had swim & met Fritzi poolside - a lovely German girl, whom i was to spend the next couple of days with. Showered then we went to night market & wandered around pub st area. Good meal at Amok Nr pub street.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb