Inle Lake, Myanmar


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma » Mandalay Region » Inle Lake
September 27th 2010
Published: September 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Taking a breakTaking a breakTaking a break

Fantastic visit to boatbuilding factory, beautiful hand crafted boats, works of art.
Last stop on our magical journey through Myanmar. I think we saved the best for last. This is one of the most unique places I have ever been to. From our arrival at Heho airport till we reached Nyaunghswe where we boarded our boat to take us to our hotel on Inle Lake, almost every moment of this one hours journey was full of photo opportunities, if you were looking out of the left hand window you were sure to be missing something remarkable on the right. I kept asking the driver to stop so I could get out and enjoy it all. After an hour we boarded our boat for the half hours transfer to our hotel , the Inle Princess Resort, again full of wonderful sights. The last ten minutes of our journey after travelling through hyacinth groves was undertaken by a young guy, doing the one legged rowing , unique to this region. It was a very tranquil approach to our accomodation.
That evening we took a canoe around the nearby village, cant understand how they manage to keep the kids from falling into the water, there were little ones , perhaps 9 or 10 months old, hovering near the edges with no visible minders closeby ??
As we approached one of the homes, this lady called out to her friend below , it seems she was asking her to pick some flowers for us. See photo.
We went walking earlier to one of the villages and were caught in torrential rain, another lady came out of her home and invited us in to shelter. See photo.
The next few days were amazing, I could go on and on, I think the best thing is just to finish now and my last words on Inle Lake and Myanmar are, go see it for yourselves, you wont be dissapointed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Signing Signing
Signing

Signing my name on the list of alms recieved board inside wooden temple near Nyaungshwe
One legged rowerOne legged rower
One legged rower

Approaching Inle Princess
Having a showerHaving a shower
Having a shower

Little girl having a shower in the rain, she washed her dress while she was still wearing it.
The HomesteadThe Homestead
The Homestead

Inside the home of the lady who gave us shelter from the rain.
Cutting the GrassCutting the Grass
Cutting the Grass

The hotel prided itself on being environmentally friendly, what about their poor backs, surely a scythe would make more sense.
Amenities TrolleyAmenities Trolley
Amenities Trolley

Cart used for servicing rooms .
Sightseeing TripSightseeing Trip
Sightseeing Trip

He did this for 2 hours straight.
Going FishingGoing Fishing
Going Fishing

Baby onboard canoe, almost hidden by fishing nets.
Flowers for the LadyFlowers for the Lady
Flowers for the Lady

Beautiful girl who gave me these lovely flowers, thanks to her friend also.
On the EdgeOn the Edge
On the Edge

I wonder how many kids fall off the edge of these homes on stilts ?
FishingFishing
Fishing

These guys have a different system than us
Hung out to DryHung out to Dry
Hung out to Dry

Getting ready for school
Cheroot FactoryCheroot Factory
Cheroot Factory

These girls make approx 1000 cheroots per day.


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb