Tropical Rain Forest


Advertisement
Brunei's flag
Asia » Brunei » Jerudong
December 3rd 2012
Published: December 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The WJEC  geology "dream team"The WJEC  geology "dream team"The WJEC geology "dream team"

Still crazy after all these years.
Arrived at Joe's apartment in Brunei after an easy flight from Singapore. The temperature is hotter here and the climate more humid though we are slightly further North of the Equator. Time to chill out whilst Gemma and Joe go to work. It is funny to think that I also have classes back in England who are still not yet on holiday. Apparently it is a little nippy at home whilst we have the air-con on full.

Met up with Colin and Joe after they had finished work for a walk in the rain forest - like you do in this temperature and humidity! Colin and I go back somewhere into the Precambrian when we were both geology examiners on a long forgotten version of the WJEC specification. Colin and his family moved to SE Asia to teach a few years ago and it was so good to be able to catch up on old times. We managed 7 of the 9 hills of the Bukit rain forest before it got dark, a sort of country park similar to Styal in Cheshire but hotter and with monkeys, snakes and other creepie crawlies. All good training for DOE but I doubt we will ever finish with a large coconut juice straight from source - an excellent replacement for a pint of beer and very refreshing and needed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Bukit rain forestBukit rain forest
Bukit rain forest

Which way is Cardiff, Joe?
Deep in the Rain Forest.Deep in the Rain Forest.
Deep in the Rain Forest.

I'm a geologist, get me out of here!
Coconut JuiceCoconut Juice
Coconut Juice

Somewhat different to a pint of Brains Bitter


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb