Brunei 7th July 2009


Advertisement
Brunei's flag
Asia » Brunei » Bandar Seri Begawan
July 7th 2009
Published: July 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Brunei 7th July 2009



Hey everyone 😊

Me and Hayden are doing well and are on our last leg of the travel journey! We went through Dubai yesterday... LUSH AIRPORT! Flight was 6 hours so not too long. Food is nice on the plane... will upload pictures when we arrive in Auckland!

We are now in Brunei... Took 8hours 30mins to get here from Dubai! Flight seemed much longer because we were tired and found it difficult to sleep due to LOUD kids! We arrived in Brunei 10:10 (local time - 7 hours ahead) and we leave at 20:10 (local time) so we are just trying to waste some time doing things before we get back on the plane.

We just went on a free city tour which was good, i have some interesting facts!!!
1, In Brunei petrol costs 20p a liter!!
2, There is no income tax!
3, Population = 400,000
4, Everything is really cheap... especially food!!
5, They have one of the lowest crime rates in the world!
6, And its reallllllly hot!
7, Half of the city is "a water city"... lots of boats!!

On the city tour we went in a mini bus full of other fellow travelers (going to NZ) had a chat to a couple a bit older than us... they seem really nice! We went around looking at places of worship and other "important places"!
As it is lunch time here, they took us to a food village... one of those dodgy middle eastern out door places - BEEF LUNG - LUNG IN GENERAL - GREEN MEAT?? - AND OTHER WEIRD LOOKING MEAT THAT I HAVE NEVER COME ACROSS!!! Those were just a couple of things that were on offer... i don't really know how to explain the other concoctions!! I stuck to a bottle of water... however... Hayden did brave some sort of rice, chicken and beef (maybe!!??) thing. Didn't look to bad... however will we be needing the Imodium later!! Hopefully not!

Anyway we arrived back in the airport... probably going to browse the net a bit longer and then sleep! They do have showers (AND TOILETS... BUT THEY ARE JUST HOLES IN THE GROUND!!), so i will get freshened up before our next 9/10 hour flight! It seems to be taking forever!

I watched Taken on the plane... the entertainment system is really good. Like virgin... play pause and all of that kind of stuff! If Taken is on your entertainment on the plane i advise that you watch it! Hayden had to share my screen as it is not working. But we change plane on the next flight so... fingers crossed!!

Lots of love,

Jess and Hayden xxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb