one night in BSB


Advertisement
Brunei's flag
Asia » Brunei » Bandar Seri Begawan
January 22nd 2007
Published: January 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

On our way again, and we found ourselves passing through Brunei for a night. Following the strict instuctions of the receptionist come tour guide at the hotel, we made our way down to the riverbank and hailed a water-taxi to drive us around the Kampung Ayer (water village). There are water villages everywhere in Malaysia, but this particular one is deemed clean and interesting enough to be suitable for a tourist's refined palatte.
And it certainly was scenic! The sky saw us coming and pulled out all the stops. We buzzed along in our little wooden boat with a sunset good enough to eat on one side, and the double arches of two brilliant rainbows against storm grey skies on the other.
We managed to absorb the unique flavours of the Kampung Ayer houses, (think all the baches of NZ painted bright colours, decorated with lights and arays of swinging potplants, and then put them on stilts out over a big brown river. Add schools, offices, mosques and everything inbetween and you have it) before the stormy sky turned into buckets of rain and we made our way back to hot showers and food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb