Where is the protection?


Advertisement
Bangladesh's flag
Asia » Bangladesh » Bagerhat
May 22nd 2013
Published: May 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. Company owners ,who mostly own clothing, have been building extra floors in order to fit more workers and machines;however, the supervisors do not know of the extra floors and the building was not built for the extra weight. There has been natural threats that have made buildings collapse. Since the building were not built for the extra weight and do not have the safety exist for the extra floors people have died by suffocating. In an incident the building collapse and 1,800 workers were killed except one person has survived. The person survived under ground for 17 days and ate dried food and drank rain water. Since these terrible destructions have happen the country has ordered for each company to be inspected and 22 have failed.

2.Human Rights were violated since the employes were not guaranteed protection and they have been killed. It was the managers job to make sure each employ know how to get out if something happened and to make sure they are protected.

3. I agre with people having to inspect it, but I think they should be shut down because the owners probably would do it again. ON the other hand if inspectors checked in weekly to make sure everything is okay then it is fine if the companies get back up.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb