Armenia land of Heritage and Culture


Advertisement
Armenia's flag
Asia » Armenia
March 26th 2011
Published: March 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have been invited to Armenia this year by our old Armenian friend who was living earlier in NYC. USA. We where very keen and eager to learn much more about Armenia, we knew it was the first country to adopt Christianity as a state religion and a country with long heritage and history, Armenian genocide scenarios, the Soviet Union communism/ the independence, Nagorno Karabakh and many more hidden stories in its history.
Our trip to ancient and captivating Armenia was more than wonderful, the very old churches and architectural monuments built in many different cities since centuries where a proof for a very old nation and told us a lot about the history and culture of Armenians.

In Yerevan we have been to Erebuni historical museum, Aram kachatryan museum, Armenian genocide museum, and the history museum of Yerevan. Outside Yerevan we have been to, Garni( to the temple which was built in the 1st century) Etchmiadzin (finding the head of the Armenian church) Zwartnots ( the ruins of the temple) Burakan, Sevan and Dilijan( to 2 museums, churches and old town).

The entire trip was excellent, Armenian food was also something else, the café culture in Yerevan city was very cool at nights, I loved the landscape very much and the people. The negative part that we experienced was only because of a private B&B service available in Dilijan city, the name was Dili Villa, advertised at www.dilitours.de it is absolutely unacceptable inviting tourists to such a cheap class place. The entire house is not clean, rooms small needed renovating, food was not fresh and we couldn’t stay for long because of the unfriendly staff. The rest of the hotels and hostels we experienced in Armenia where perfect and matched all international standards.
The newly discovered 6000 years old press wine in Armenia, is the oldest wine-making facility and technology ever found including the oldest leather shoe at the same cave complex as it was reported by NYC Tv channels. Together with my wife we wished to make it there but apparently its near Iran border, very far and we where not sure if it was open for tourists, we will for sure visit Armenia for a next time and maybe we will be lucky then to have the chance to visit Areni1 the oldest wine cave discovered.

Jason Dsuza


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb