Armenia, land of rich culture, striking landscapes, crappy roads and a tragic history


Advertisement
Asia » Armenia
June 16th 2018
Published: June 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I think that title just about sums up Armenia in one sentence! I do like the way Lonely Planet summarises Armenia: "Few nations have histories as ancient, as complex and as laced with tragedy as Armenia. But even fewer have a culture that is as rich and as resilient”. As stated, Armenia has a long and tragic history of wars and conflicts, a number of which continue to this day. It was invaded ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




30th June 2018

Armenia
Brings me back to our foray in that ancient land last August, Neil. Nice summary. You should check out my blogs where I dealt in detail with the Armenian Genocide, the Monasteries & Khachkars and of course the most beautiful women in the World.
1st July 2018

Armenia
Yeah, I remember reading your Armenian Genocide and the other accompanying blogs long ago when I first decided to visit these parts. Your treatment is of course a little deeper than mine in all areas but was an interesting read once again now that I'm back home. Our Armenian guide, Anahit, was very attractive - no coincidence, huh!
2nd July 2018

Very nice
A very nice and balanced and well written blog- nice pictures too. Enjoyed it.
3rd July 2018

Armenia
Thanks for the nice comments. It's always good to get some appreciation!
3rd July 2018

Armenia rich in culture
We traveling with Dancing Dave and his wife Denise. You'll have to check out our blogs when you get home. Great country.
3rd July 2018

Armenia rich in culture
Yes, I remember reading all of David's blogs just after we had booked the trip. He certainly goes into greater detail on some of his topics than I do!
3rd July 2018

Dancing Dave
The dancing one is detailed and verbose and that is one of the things we love about him. If you look at our blogs from that trip we are not so detailed. MJ :)
4th July 2018

Dancing Dave
Yes, I had read your blog early in my planning phase too, MJ. I've just run through it again, and as you do, I enjoyed the memories, even though I've only been back a couple of weeks. In many ways, I envy you that trip, doing it independently, as that is my preferred mode of travel and allows you to focus on some of the items (eg people and food) that you don't get the same opportunities when you are on a group tour. Sadly my wife doesn't share my enthusiasm and sense of adventure and much prefers our annual 5 star visits to the US to visit our grandchildren in Virginia.

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb