cambodia


Advertisement
Armenia's flag
Asia » Armenia » East
May 28th 2011
Published: May 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Have not updated this in ages after it stopped working but felt I should do a wee update. Been staying in takeo, cambodia now for just over 4 weeks. Our first week we just got used to orphanage and got to know the kids, and tried to learn all their names. We were lucky enough on our first weekend to be given opportunity to take the children to kep to the beach. It was an amazing experience and best twenty five dollars spent on my trip. Children loved the water and were eager to learn to swim. In our second week we got more into a routine as were given our own class to teach. We have five girls in our class who are all lovely. Sometimes they dont even want class to end as very enthusiastic at times. We have also started helping out at the village school which is half hour cycle away. This school has up to 150 children in one class at one time. The kids are so keen to learn though, and never misbehave. Bit different to uk!. In between classes and village school we have also been on a few trips. First to siem reap to see the temples, which involved getting up at 4.30am to see sunrise and then being non runs seeing temples, swimming and of course night market till after 11pm. Our second trip was to lazy beach, which was just so quiet and peaceful. We had a beach all to ourselves, clear blue waters and our own wee bungalow with hammocks. Our last trip was for our visa run which was to phonm penh, where we went to national museum and then to killing fields and s21, quite horrific stuff. We also watched a movie on cambodia history at a bar. Only got ten more days left in cambodia so making most of it. Kep again tomorrow with the kids :-) looking forward to it considering how much fun it was last time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb