Some Like It Hot


Advertisement
Afghanistan's flag
Asia » Afghanistan » East » Kabul
August 9th 2009
Published: August 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was a long day for us. We started before 9:00 and it didn't end until after 6:00. That's a normal North American day, but here the heat slowly presses it way into your skin to attach itself to your bones.

Our routing took us to Kunduz, to Faizabad, back to Kabul, to Mazar-e-Sharif, and finally home to Kabul. A simple couple of loops that would be no problem...barely an effort...around Alberta. But by the time we reached the 39 degree black-top of Mazar, I was close to done in. Like the cold that makes you feel you will never get warm again. (Did I tell you that last year I was working in Iqaluit at minus 39 degrees? Such extremity of adventure.)

And speaking of Mazar....the information given to pilots states "Non-paved areas are heavily mined. Remain on taxiways and runways." Always something around here to peak your interest.

Cheers,
Jay

Advertisement



9th August 2009

Welcome to travelblog
Hi Jay, Welcome to travelblog. Hope we'll have the chance to have some of your pics on the blog. Have you met G G...in Bamyan...I know, he speak french and you may not...but still a small world...if you take a break south...of where you are...let me know! welcome again to travelblog and waitng to read you! Peter!

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb