Being blond only gets you so far...


Advertisement
Published: August 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ellie: Despite the fish tank, we're back at our favourite cafe. Today we went to Nusa Dua. Upon arrival we were expecting a line of gleaming five star hotels, backing on to a pristine beach. We were dropped off near a car park, some litter, and some men on jet-skis shouting "water spor? water spor?" Oh. Luckily we weren't put off and set off in search of a nicer patch of sand. It didn't take long to find the row of gleaming hotels we were expecting. I managed to sweet talk a nice Indonesian man called Davna (or something) into letting us have a day on the sun loungers at "Oasis" hotel for only 40 000 rupiah (about three quid). We basked there smugly all day, complete with stripy five star towels. Unfortunately, lying about being the occupants of room number 603 after a margherita at "The Guruh" (I had my eye on the pool), wasn't quite so successful! One has to try. Last night we continued our film marathon with "Julie and Julia." Such a funny film - I bought it for 75p if you're interested mum.

Claire: That pretty much sums up our day, it was good to get out of Kuta and experience a 'southern' beach. It was a lot quieter than Kuta, except it had far more water sports so the engines were pretty loud, but far fewer people, and we liked to walk up and down the promenade taking a peek at some of the resorts. They really are beautiful. I have finally 'bronzed' as we now like to call it, which is quite exciting, (although with interesting tan lines), it would have looked odd me coming back paler than when I left!

Having experienced Kuta nightlife last week, Ellie and I like to eat, blog and then head back to the hotel at a very late time of 9 and watch a film... We do wake up at 7 so I think that's allowed, (and probably to your relief!) We are definitely in holiday mode now, very relaxed and just enjoying our time in Bali.

I am also extremely excited about tomorrow. We leave Kuta at 11am and arrive in Labuan Bajo just after lunch. This is a fishing town that is the closest point to Komodo. We've booked to stay there for 3 nights and I'm sure it will be a great trip. Lots of diving and chasing after dragons ensues.

I wonder what film we'll watch tonight...!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb