Zambia here we come


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Chipata
August 20th 2012
Published: October 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We were up early and relieved to see that Chris’ symptoms had subsided. The nurses thought it was just from falling off the horse, by hitting his back he must have hit his kidneys in the process. Today was quite a long journey on the truck heading to the Zambian border where we would head towards Chipata. Chris took some more strong painkillers which helped him sleep for most of the trip and relieved the pain from his back. We reached the border where Chris and I got a double entry visas as our flights once the overland trip are over are booked out of Livingstone. We got a receipt for the double entry payment just to make sure there wouldn’t be any issues later. After the border crossing we headed towards Chipata. Chris and I were keen to upgrade that night due to his back pain, however when we got there the rooms for upgrading weren’t very nice and the camp was trying to charge us almost $60 for the room. Chris said he would be OK in the tent. We were helped setting up the tent by one of our group members so that Chirs wouldn’t strain his back. We all then went to the bar area to play cards and spend time relaxing after such a long day in the truck. We had travelled around 12 hours! By 8pm I was ready for bed and went to sleep pretty much straight away – Chris stayed up to watch Man Utd in the bar, he was pretty disappointed with the result as they lost to Everton.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb