Through Zambia to Chipata


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Chipata
October 26th 2006
Published: October 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Wooded landscapeWooded landscapeWooded landscape

The Zambian landscape varies hugely. Some parts are well forested
Horribly early 6am departure necessitating getting up in dark at 4:20am. Zambia is a huge country. We travelled through beautiful scenery. There are vast landsapes of heavily wooded trees. The trees have huge varieties of green and occasional ambers/brown/reds. Every so often there are traditional villages but the population appears very sparse. At lunchtime we came upon an overturned Landrover with the driver just clambering out. He and the passengers appeared unhurt. With the assistance of a chain from the truck they managed to get it upright. At lunch someone offered some African children some sweets and they almost wrenched her hand off. We crossed a fairly large suspension bridge just down from the Mozambique border and were told to keep our cameras out of site because it is a sensitive area. We passed many small brickworks where the bricks are dug, baked and used in situ. Our comfortable camp for the night near Chipata has a bar and swimming pool. There was a bit of excitement just before retiring to bed. Someone in another group found a puff adder right outside their tent. It was only a small one - the guide said approx. 8 weeks old. Shannon also found a scorpion whilst having a shower earlier in the evening.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Footballing Zambian kidsFootballing Zambian kids
Footballing Zambian kids

Waving to kids and getting a response was great fun. Wish we could have stopped for a kick around.


Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0873s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb