Queen Elizabeth National Park


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Western Region » Queen Elizabeth NP
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monday


This day we began moving from Kasese at the hotel in the morning to go for the game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park. QNP has hundreds of various animals but it is always luck if not coincidence to find one animal - the KING of the jungle, the Lion!
After four attempts I have not been able to get lucky, only this time I was so unlucky to see the back of a leopard! We saw Uganda kobs, buffaloes, antelopes and a few birds.
We did not spend so much time there for we had to go to Kazinga Project! From the main road to the junction is just 12 km and from the junction to the project is 10km of a murram road. There are lots of animals at the project including Hippopotamuses, buffaloes and birds - by the lake.
From the project we again saw more baboons on our way to Kampala. We made a few stopovers in Mbarara and in Kabwohe for lunch and in Kiwangala - for Joeri to see his foot steps! It is always good to be back in Kiwangala, I love it there!
It was as well good to see the English girls again - Lizzy and Seonaid, for they are doing a great job there! We drove so fast after there to make it to Kampala in time; we were in Kampala by 9:30pm and well so tired!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb