And when it rains it pours!


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Eastern Region » Jinja
June 24th 2012
Published: June 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Aye, so a canny bit has happened since the last time I was on here. The majority of the other volunteers have arrived, only two more to go. Meeting everyone was great, everyone is a good laugh, very cool to talk to, cannot wait to get started with everyone. Group bonding so far has been a little interesting though. The local drink has helped a lot, but I have also experienced drink outside the NRC (Nile River Camp) where we are staying. Clubbing in Uganda is something to experience, everyone is still very very friendly, but the dance offs are a nightmare! Very intense stuff trying to keep up with their moves, huge fun though. And the Guinness here is much stronger than back home, about 8%! But don’t worry, all is safe and I’m not going too wild!



Now I don’t want you thinking I have gone all the way to Uganda, after being sponsored and supported by so many people to go drinking. It is pure group bonding. The “partying” stops now though, the tab gets paid (gulp), driving to our sites tomorrow! And the drive is going to be fun, all packed into a bus and driving 8 hours. Going to be fun. Then we start! We had a canny little safety talk from someone from softpower today, making everything all the more exciting. The highlight must have been what reactions to expect from all the kids: scared about seeing all these white guys at first, then being totally inseparable the next day. Cannot wait to get started! We won’t be experiencing any electricity while we are out there, so no more blog updates for at least a week. So I’ll update you when I can and catch you in a bit.







Geordie Jack







Ps. Totally bossed the boda’s now!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb