CWB Uganda 2010 Arrive - Day 1


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Central Region » Entebbe
February 26th 2010
Published: February 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

CWB Uganda 2010 TeamCWB Uganda 2010 TeamCWB Uganda 2010 Team

The CWB UgandaCrew safely arrived in Kampala

CWB UgandaCrew Arrive Safely



Friday 26 February

It was an early start for us all, meeting at Heathrow Terminal 5 by 8 am. Having everyone assembled on time was a good start and we worked on checking-in luggage which included excess, that BA were good enough not to charge for, with kit bags and t-shirts being taken out to leave for the children in Uganda.

We were all very pleased with the number of spare seats on our 8 ½ hour flight out to Entebbe and managed to stretch out. After arriving in Uganda stepping off the plane at 10.30 to balmy night temperatures felt rather unusual after such a long UK winter. We queued for visas and collected our luggage before being met by John and William, representatives of the Uganda Cricket Association who will be accompanying us during our stay. For some of us our first contact with the Ugandan people and their warm welcome gave a great first impression.

We were taken to our minibus which will be our transport for the next two weeks and met our local driver, Joseph who will also be with us for the duration. We were then driven from Entebbe to the capital city, Kampala, where we were given our rooms at the Fang Fang Hotel and called it a day.

(posted by Email 28/02/10)




Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb