The orphanage my heart belongs to!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Musoma
November 27th 2007
Published: November 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I wanted to update you on the orphanage that I will be spending my time at while in Africa. There are a few images of the some of the children. Please pray for their little hearts, tuition, school fees, home life and giving their life to the Lord!

The orphanage is called FORM (Faraja Orphan's Rescue Ministry). It is newly founded, and still in the formation stage.

Here are some comments/description of the ministry from the Short Term Coordinator in Tanzania:

1) FORM has about 35 children in the program at present. They would like to expand in the near future. The children are currently all out in "foster" homes with families and then have ongoing weekly meetings, training, game days, and food/medicine assistance. There is a group of local Tanzanian men and women that are on the leadership team and give guidance/counseling/support.

2) AIM's (team and I) part to play:

a) Teach the children English (probably 2-3 afternoons per week for 1 1/2 hours per day).

b) Assist the FORM leaders with Saturday kids' days which include games, Bible story/teaching, food and medicine administration and assistance.

c) Train the FORM leaders in some
Abel JonasAbel JonasAbel Jonas

Abel Jonas was born in 1998. He is an orphan staying with his grandmother. He needs assistance with tuition, clothes, food and school supplies.
Sunday School/VBS type children's ministry and then demonstrate by doing it together. What's needed here is some creativity expressed by STers with locally available materials. We want as a mission to be developing leaders in the church and help them to grow in ways that are reproducable once we are gone.

d) Discipling Tanzanian children. For those in the program that are believers there is an opportunity for some STers to come here on a long enough assignment to learn some Swahili and communicate effectively in discipling these young hearts. Also, some of the older children know English to varying degrees. So the discpling model could take the shape of weekly visits to the children at their homes, some tutoring on school subjects as well as ministering to their host families.

My team members are Renee and Stacey. Over the next few months we will be getting to know each other through email and possibly phone. Please pray for their hearts, relationship with the Lord, their support raising and PLEASE pray that the Lord will prepare us for the work He has called us to do!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Salafina SaileSalafina Saile
Salafina Saile

Salafina Saile was born in 2002. She is an orphan staying with her mother who is a widow and HIV positive. Salafina was recently diagnosed as HIV positive. She is in school in Standard 1. She needs balanced diet, clothes, a uniform and school supplies.
Saada ChangweSaada Changwe
Saada Changwe

Saada was born in 1998. She is an orphan, both her parents died with HIV/AIDS. She is in school in Standard II at Rwamlimi Primary School. Currently, Saada is staying with her grandmother who is a widow and unemployed.
Wakuru ChengweWakuru Chengwe
Wakuru Chengwe

Wakuru was born in 1997. She is an orphan, both her parents died. She is staying with her grandmother who is a widow. She is attending school in Standard VI at Rwamlimi Primary School. Her needs are school fees, school uniform, clothes and other school supplies. Your prayers and assistance will be a great encouragement to her.


9th September 2011
Salafina Saile

God will bless you from you doing
may have help from you mama

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb