Mount kilimanjaro information and travel tips


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Mount Kilimanjaro
September 6th 2014
Published: September 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Mount kilimanjaro is highest Mountain in Africa with height of 5895m, that is why is known as Roof of Africa.

During independence day, first president of Tanzania the late Mwalimu Julius Nyerere, sent the Uhuru torch to Kilimanjaro summit at Kibo peak. That is why Kilimanjaro summit is also called Uhuru peak.

Kilimanjaro is the largest free standing mountain in the world and one of world heritage site. Kilimanjaro is one of 7 world summit peaks and recently won to be among 7 natural wonders Africa.

Mount kilimanjaro has a lot of attractions such as waterfalls, forest, wildlife, volcanic rocks, scenic views and snow. Things to do include trekking kilimanjaro, sightseeing tours, rock climbing, wildlife safaris and walking safaris.

Trekking kilimanjaro is the journey which takes from 5 days to 8 days to climb from lower slopes to Kilimanjaro summit, Kibo peak. It depends several factors on successful climbing kilimanjaro and duration. Factors which influence success and duration include energy of tourist, experience of climber, choice of Kilimanjaro route, weather at Kilimanjaro, hiking gears and Mountain guides management. Mountain guides are professional people well trained and experienced permitted to escort tourists to hike Kilimanjaro. Guides must have certificate to guide tourists.

Tourists can book tour with DMC/Tour Operator or Travel Agents. DMC is the destination management company and mostly known as inbound Tour Operators. Booking tour with DMC or Tour Operator is cheap and success.

Kilimanjaro Safari Holidays Co.Ltd is reputable DMC in Tanzania and offers fair price travel packages. Quality services is guaranteed with this Travel Company. Kilimanjaro Safari Holidays Co.Ltd Kilimanjaro Safari Holidays Co.Ltd provides professional advise and information on how to prepare yourself to conquer Kilimanjaro. Ascent Kilimanjaro is demanding adventure, how ever climbing mount Kilimanjaro is easier than other 7 summit world top Mountains.

Mountain guide management include guide ethics, customer care, food care, drinking water and acclimatization.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb