A Birthday, a Visitor, etc.


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Moshi
August 16th 2008
Published: August 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This blog is going to be a random post of various things that have happened throughout he last week or so.

Last week, on August 8, we celebrated Julia's 21st birthday. We are so proud of the beautiful young woman she has become. She is such a blessing to our family.

Last Sunday, the 9th, George taught Bible class and preached two lessons at Moshi. In America, when people wish to respond to the invitation after a lesson, they usually come forward and sit in the front. In Tanzania, after a song is sung, those who wish to request prayers, etc. remain standing. One thing that we have noticed is not only do many Christians request prayers for various needs that they have, but they also ask for prayers of thanksgiving when they feel that their prayers have been answered. On this particular Sunday, a man indicated he wanted to thank God, because he had been sick with typhoid, and now he is feeling better. We also ought to be thanking God more often for prayers answered. Our family is certainly thankful for our good health.

Tuesday, the 12th we greeted Kipton Garrett, who arrived from Arkansas. Kipton is the preacher and an elder for the Dyer church of Christ, which oversees our work here. We have enjoyed visiting with him, and giving him the opportunity to become better a acquainted with the work here, firsthand. Kipton is also a medical doctor.

Thursday, George and Kipton took a drive to Kibosho, in search of a one of the church members, in whose home the church meets. This church member had recently gotten himself into some personal difficulties, and as a result, we've not seen him in quite a while. They did not find him at home, but were able to speak with his daughter. After coming home and grabbing a bite of lunch, George and Kipton headed back out to view a couple of waterfalls in Marangu. It's a beautiful spot about 40 minutes from our place.

Friday we spent most of the day in Arusha, since we needed to pick Jacob up from school.

Saturday, George and Kipton, along with David Msaki, who occasionally helps George with translation work, went to visit one of the preachers who George has been studying with, near the village of Himo. We were disappointed that the seminar which was scheduled for Friday and Saturday was cancelled. It seemed that some with whom George has been studying were not comfortable yet with such a public meeting. However, George was still able to have a profitable discussion, and we are hopeful that after our return from our visit to the states, he will be able to continue having Bible classes with these men.

Until next time!...
Joy




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Erasto, George, and DavidErasto, George, and David
Erasto, George, and David

...meeting with Erasto, a denominational preacher.


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb