Musa Primary


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
August 10th 2010
Published: May 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

When we met at the mti (tree) in the morning, our team leader Ashley wasn't there. We were told the head master of the school we had been teaching at decided we couldn't teach there anymore. Bummed. They had had a 2.5 hour meeting with the head master, but he didn't budge. However, they already have another school set up for us- Musa Primary School. This school is in the worst shape of them all. It is in a Masai village which will be a cool change of scenery, up in the hills about an hour away. Therefore, we'll have to take a dala dala to get there. However, the head master at this school is extremely thankful to us and believes that our work is essential to these students' knowledge. We will be at the school M,T,W for 90 minutes in each of the classrooms, and we will have after-school programs for an hour in subjects that the students want to learn about. We are thinking about an art class for younger students, debate, geography, girls club, and a "how things work" discussion. The kids have never had an experience like this before. I believe in the upper levels the students have a good grasp of English. However, those teaching the younger grades might run into a language barrier, as they possibly only know the Massai language.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb