WE ARE BUILDING AN ORPHANAGE FOR DISABLED CHILDREN: ANY HELP WELCOME


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
August 31st 2010
Published: August 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Program Description and Mission

We are building and 3 storey building to offer a total of 65 children in the District to have housing and financial support to provide the most basic needs of food, shelter, clothes, sanitation, education and care.
These estimated 65 vulnerable children will be orphans and disabled
Why disable children?
Disabled children are some of the most vulnerable children in Tanzania. When a person becomes disabled or a disabled child is born, the individual and family enter into a new world about which they know next to nothing and about which they have a lot of stereotyped notions. They are influenced by culture, which see disability as a curse or the manifestation of sin and disgrace in the family, and alms given to the disabled beggar are a means of obtaining spiritual grace and forgiveness for the non-disabled person.

The reality is that disabled people are often excluded from education and employment, immobilized by inadequate transportation systems and architectural barriers, maintained in substandard living conditions, and denied the benefits of long term healthcare.

Partnership
Carpio Perez Foundation (CPF) will build this orphanage in partnership with the Centre for Women and Children Development (CWCD) a Tanzanian NGO.

Location
Sinoni, in the outskirts of Arusha.

Estimated cost

38,000,000 Tsh (£16,450, Eur 20,430, $25,300)


Site plan




WE NEED YOUR HELP TOO!!!






Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb