my school program is done


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
July 16th 2008
Published: July 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

and most people are flying home this afternoon at 4. i leave tomorrow for zanzibar. we spent a few nights at this super awesome place with pete and charlotte o'neal. former black panthers. they run a place called united african alliance - donate money there - they're doing some super great stuff and were so incredibly nice and awesome. i'm a bit sad everyone is leaving... kinda worried abouyt being alone for so long - but i know it'll be fine. i am looking forward to having a week to myself on the beach. we also went on a safari in ngorongoro crater. it was pretty awesome. one of our guides told sarah that she could pet a monkey and she actually tried - it turned around and almost attacked her - it was pretty funny. what else... after how intense the trip was the past few days have been really uplifting and cool - a very good way to end the program. i'm also thankful that pretty much all of the people i've had to spend too much time with here have been pretty awesome. i think our academic directors were impressed... most of us have been on the same page about so many things and everyone had really great things that they added to discussions (yes - we are a bunch of nerds i guess... debating feminism and religion over dinner for fun). tonight i'll be staying in some hostel (hopefully) and then i catch a shuttle to the airport for my flight at 11am. i'm nervous that my hotel place will like forget to pick me up or something but i'm sure it'll be fine. on another sidenote - i put in my other memory card and had forgotten i had pictures from my last night in town on it - danielle, denise, rachel, sarah, etc. etc. - it made me super happy... ok i must go and make an attempt to confirm some more details --- love everyone.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb