Restart of Saturday Classes


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Centre » Iringa
October 3rd 2011
Published: October 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last week we were busy walking the pathways in Iringa and Ipogolo passing out fliers. We were advertizing the restart of our Saturday classes. We took a recess in order to make our special journey to Malawi. That proved to be a good two weeks of teaching Personal Evangelism.

Our advertizing last week included distributing over 2,000 invitations and also having it advertized for about three days on the radio.

Our morning session is conducted in a class room at the School for the Deaf. The afternoon class is conducted at the church building. We are thankful that we got off to a good start. We had a number of Christians attending at both sessions and 5 non-Christians in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. Interestingly, one of our visitors said he had found a flier on the ground which someone had dropped. You just never know how God might fulfill Matthew 7:7,8.

Our present class is to cover such topics as: The Bible Is From God, The Deity of Christ, The Two Covenants, and The Church of the Bible. Both saints and sinners can be greatly benefited by these studies.

Each session runs just over one hour and ends with a question and answer period. Since I am teaching the morning session I have use of a large chalkboard in the class room. It sure helps that I have the notes prepared in both English and Swahili. This way I can write the main points and verses of each lesson on the blackboard in Swahili. Each student is provided with a small notebook and a pen. Those who attend all six weeks will be given the printed notes in Swahili.

Please continue to raise your prayers to God on our behalf.

In Christ’s service,
George
2011


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb