Swalili Materials - May be used for years to come!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Centre » Iringa
July 26th 2011
Published: July 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

For the past twelve weeks we have been conducting classes each Saturday at two locations. Every Saturday morning I have been teaching near our home in a room at the School of the Deaf (Shule Ya Viziwi). In the afternoons Carey has been teaching the same material at the church building down in Ipogolo. Since nothing was available at the school, I took some shelf boards I had, and from them built a lecturn.

Olivia was one who attended all these classes without fail. You may recall that she recently obeyed the gospel. So we thank God for giving fruit from our efforts.

Six weeks covered a study surveying the Old Testament, and the next six weeks were for New Testament Survey. After I had researched and written all the lessons, a proof English copy was given to Charles for translation. Once he prepared the hand written translation sheets they were returned to Joy and Lindsey for computer formatting. Swahili drafts were then given to Charles for proofing. After final corrections were made, the entire booklet went to print.

Some of our readers may not fully appreciate what these booklets mean to the work in Tanzania. Because most of us are so accustomed to the overwhelming availability of printed materials. Mega book venders like Barnes & Noble provide a one stop literary outlet for all genres. Here in Tanzania, materials in the native language are scarce and particularly sound Bible literature.

Furthermore, these booklets are written in a style and format more easily discernable for those in this country. Local photo-copy shops are found throughout Tanzania, so future copies are easy to obtain once this initial work is completed. It is our prayer that these may serve as a useful tool for years to come.
George 2011


Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 70; dbt: 0.173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb