The End of Tanzania!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Centre » Iringa
August 13th 2009
Published: August 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 13 - Dar Es Saleem - 11/8/09

We left at 0900 again and only 1 minibus turned up. With number swelling due to people arriving here early needing to be picked up as well there were too many of us for the one minibus. A second one arrived and it was pure luxury; blacked out windows, curtains with uber comfortable spacious seats. We had an hour to kill in Stone Town, which I used to get some cash, post one last postcard and use the internet. The ferry seemed to be less chaotic then the way over though this time no luggage was allowed on, it all went on at the front. I really don’t like the idea of leaving my luggage with a stranger! The sea was rough, rocking the ferry like a toy boat in a bathtub. It was unbelievable just how bad it was and most of the passengers onboard were sick; I just managed to hold my stomach together but only just. We got off and had a quick wonder round Dar, then we boarded another ferry to get to the campsite.

This ferry was a car ferry and just left when it wanted to. I looked back at the people running for the ferry like their life depended on it; people where throwing bags onto the ferry then jumping following the bags over the water. The campsite itself was really nice; basically it was on the beach. We didn’t really have time to exploit this as again, tomorrow, we had an early start, leaving at 0430

Day 14 - Iringa - 12/8/09

Today was a very long and a very early start. I awoke to find my flip flops were missing. Why would anybody want to steal my flip flop?!?!? We clambered onto the truck at 0530 and started our long journey. The journey to the campsite took 12 hours and the 12 hours were taken up with reading, sleeping, listening to music and playing cards. The scenery we passed all looked the same and by the end of the day my ass was extremely numb from all the sitting down. When we arrived at the campsite, it was beautiful. The sky was crystal clear and you could clearly see all the stars in the night sky. The main highlight of the campsite was the little cozy bar that served the best Amarula Hot Chocolate to warm everybody up on an extremely cold night. It was so good that I went up and had seconds! I fell asleep safe in the knowledge that tomorrow, though an early start and another long day, we would be entering Malawi and camping on the beach!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0817s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb