Honey Badger and the Spoonbills


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
August 17th 2015
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -30.5595, 22.9375

s Up and drive down to river to check things out. Drive a little way on Mingerhout road and see a honey badger digging along the side of the road! Wow! They are evidently hard to see in the wild and we have been lucky to see them.

Drive to an overlook and see six spoonbills working the water. They are always so interesting to see them working the water back and forth. Saw some hyenas but evidently there was no kill around that we could see. Down to the river and see e black winged stilt.

Back to camp to fix lunch and visit with Culla, his wife Jeanetta and her father Leon. Leon is quite the story teller about birds he has seen, the ones we saw and just birds in general.

Did an afternoon game drive but there was not much action where we were looking. Sadly, never did get to see any of the large elephants down at the river like they have been in the past. We did see a brown kingfisher but that was about it.

Back to camp to fix dinner, and then work on the stories before heading off to bed. Will be going into Phalabowre tomorrow for some more data and supplies.



Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb