Elephants Walking By


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
October 4th 2011
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

01 Me01 Me01 Me

Elephants walking past in the distance as we wait for guests to arrive.
Geo: -24.7805, 26.2697

This afternoon Paul and I were waiting at the swing bridge entrance for guests to arrive. The area we were waiting in was outside of the lodge's electrified fence area. That is why we have to be there to wait for guests. Once we are told that they have entered the game reserve's various gates we leave the lodge and wait outside for them. I have seen quite a few different animals while waiting here.

Today as we were waiting there was a breeding herd of elephants walking past. They were not far from us. The elephants were walking away from the waterhole/wetlands area. This is where they would have been for a swim and drink. Seeing animals while waiting for guests to arrive makes up for having to wait for them when they take too long to arrive! Once the guests do arrive, I walk them across the swing bridge into the lodge for the check-in and in the meantime the field guide would drive their vehicle to the back entrance and put the luggage in the rooms.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb