Car Rental in Pretoria: Get Your Way Around


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
February 27th 2017
Published: February 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Planning on visiting Pretoria? Then, you need to read this. This blog will give you all that you need to know about getting a car rental in Pretoria. You will be able to find a car hire which will give you freedom the way you need it. Get saved from the hassles of relying on the South African public transport which is sometimes disappointing.

Duration for the car hire service?
Will you need it for a day, a week or a month? Put that into consideration before getting a car hire service. Most times, if you require the car for a few days, it's better to make a weekly booking. Daily car hire rates are usually more expensive than weekly booking.

What kind of car do you need?
Keep it in mind that most car hire in Pretoria use manual gears. Therefore, you should be in position to handle non-automatic vehicles. It's also advisable to get a car with air conditioning. Pretoria is warm and relatively sunny.

If you are going to move with luggage or in a large group, look for a car with enough space. The car should have enough car seats and a roof rack. You might also need one with a GPS to get you around.

Fuel expenses
Get car rental in Pretoria with knowledge that the cost of fuel for the car is on you. Fuel costs a lot more in South Africa, therefore, look out for a vehicle which is fuel efficient. That way, you will be able to save. When given a car with fuel in the tank, do ensure you bring it back in the same condition. Failure to do so attracts an additional charge.

Car insurance
Always make sure that your vehicle has the right insurance. Confirm with the car rental company or your insurance agent to ensure your vehicle has insurance plan. Cover against accidents, breakdown, theft or break-ins is important before you hit the road. You don't want to spoil your trip stressing when you get problems with your car on the way .

Book early
Ensure you booked your car in advance to avoid getting disappointed. It is always a good idea to confirm your vehicle booking a day or two before your departure. You will be in a position to inquire about any possible discounts or service upgrades.

Know the rules
Roads regulations are important, and you need to follow them always. All cars are driven on the left in Pretoria. There is a rule of thumb which calls for keeping left and passing right. And, all car hires are right-hand drive.

With that in mind, you will get hold of a good car hire company in Pretoria. Nothing will stop you from having a worthwhile experience in this beautiful part of South Africa.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.378s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb