Day 20-Last day at camp


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
October 2nd 2006
Published: October 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our day started with some clouds and a quick breakfast before we scattered for the morning. Mike, Butch, Ted, & Karol went with Pen on a 2 hour hiking Safari. The rest of us divided between a jeep trip and just relaxing at camp. I returned to the tent to a cup of tea and my laptop to catch up on my journals. It was a very relaxing morning, listening to the wind from the tent. The weather seems to be shifting from the extreme heat, and I can not say I’m sorry. Even the rain is refreshing. After all returned and we had lunch, we were driven back to our little shopping center for a last chance at bringing home any Zulu treasures. I think we all did a fine job. Pen drove some of us into a tiny town to pick an extra duffle bag, so we could check all our wares on the plane. After a windy, cold drive back to the lodge, we had a excursion to the Zulu Village on the grounds. It was a wonderful experience despite the downpour that hit us. We were given a tour of an actual Zulu village and shown some of the traditions of their culture. After learning some greetings, we were shown spear making, beer making (although we missed out on the beer because of the rain), their social structure was explained, and the tour ended with some entertainment. After drying out and warming up, we met everyone at the lodge for cocktails, and our last evening in Africa.. Veena(she manages the tour groups at Zulu Nyala)met us for dinner. Pen and Absulum also joined us after dinner . We were able to thank them for taking such good care of us, and also get that group photo we so needed. Personally this has been an wonderful experience, that could only have happened with the presence of each and every person in this group. It has been magical. We are planning one last safari in the morning, so it is back to the tent for some creative packing.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb