Our last week in South Africa


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
October 28th 2014
Published: October 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

hi guys, apologies for our lack of blogging in the last few weeks!

Following our stay in big blue 'backpackers' , green point we decided to move on, taking a lift from one of the locals in a truck for the 2 hour drive to the beautiful Hermanus! we arrived at a beautiful guest house in a just as beautiful location, towards the end of the whale watching track which runs the length on the cliffs along this beautiful town. The weather wasnt on our side with heavy rain and wind so we opted for a chill out day. Dinner in the evening at an amazing resteraunt ( we decided we had earnt a treat night after being in the city!) called Burgandys- would highly recommed to anyone visiting the area! Despite the rain the following day we decided to wrap up and take a walk to find out what the town had to offer. We ended up being blessed with a lovely sunny day which we spent drinking South African wine and watching the whales showing off at a little resteraunts right on the sea. plucked up the courage to book a shark dive for the following day and spent the evening wondering why. Picked up the following morning at 8am for the half an hour drive to the site, signed our lives away and watched a charming DVD explaining the dangers of sharks! On to the dive... The place we anchored after a 20 minute boat drive was aptly named ' shark alley.' We were the last group to go into the cage, spending atleast 20 minutes in the water and were lucky enough to have at least 5 sharks close up and looking for a cuddle. such an amazing and out of this world experience! Early night for us as the next dat we were being picked up for a 7 day cape to Addo garden route safari! Got picked up in our little 'pumbaa' minibus around 1pm, met the amazing group of stragglers that we would be spending the rest of the week with and set off to Birkenhead brewery for a bit of midday beer tasting. A few hours later we arrived at cape Aguilar backpackers and a short drive again to the most southern tip of Africa, a pretty amazing day all in all and a fab start to this week ahead! Monday morning- a stop over trip at an aloe Vera farm then on to possibly one of the most amazing things we've ever done- walking with lions! We spent aN hour walking with our small group of 5 and 2 lions, being close enough to kiss a lion is quite a heat stopping experience but one we will never forget! we spent the afternoon canoeing through amazing forests then stopped for a 25 minute walk to the waterfalls in wilderness national park where we went for a very cold swim and some cliff diving, canoeing back to the bus and heading to the house in sedge field for pizza with another group.

up at 7 for a 2 hour drive to the ostrich farm where you can pet, ride and get a 'massage' from an ostrich. The scare the shit out of me but lol braved the massage and petting!! The afternoon we headed to oudtshrron cango caves for the 90 minute adventure route. Our eccentric guide made for a hilarious tour which saw us climbing through tiny holes and passages, making us wish we had skipped brekkie so our arses could squeeze through the gaps! Another amazing day with so many activities! Another amazing (sorry for the over use of 'amazing ' there just is no other word to describe some of the things we have been doing) day ahead, first and foremost, riding, petting, feeding and learning about of the most incredible animals- elephants!! words can't really describe chilling on an elephant but it was unreal! afternoon saw us at the highest bungee jump in the world where we shit ourselves just being on the bridge so decided not to jump but encouraging the rest of the group to throw the selves off the bridge! The next day we headed out for a 4 hour game drive through Addo national park, taking in the waterhogs, cadoos, zebras, birds of pray and so many elephants- including baby elephants which happen to be the cutest thing ever! We spent the night in a beachside hostel in Jeffrey's bay watching the para gliders and dolphins as we all sat out with an ice cold beer. The next day we spent 3 hours black water tubing and cliff jumping in beautiful surroundings, then on to knysna for lunch and a wander round the town. Back to sedge field that night for copious amounts of jägermeister an beer pong at pilipili beach bar to end the week in style. Needles to say the 5 hour drive back to Cape Town wasnt a nice one! Sad to see the end of our time in South Africa and say goodbye to people that we now consider good friends, we ordered a nandos to the hotel room and drowned our selves in chicken. South Africa you have been beyond amazing giving us experiences that we will never forget, now, onwards to India!

( apologies again for spelling mistakes and awful use of punctuation!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb