You can't par every hole


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
September 12th 2014
Published: September 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

And we're off... First game drive of the day and right out the gate we get word that a pack of wild dogs have already gotten themselves breakfast. The pursuit ensues. We race down the windy, dusty sand roads and through the long grass and brush of smaller paths to reach our goal. We find the 15 dogs as they have finished their eating frenzy. Faces bloodied, bellies full, the adults lay around sleepily while the pups have a surge of energy after having been well fed. We watch the pack and the playful antics of the young. Hard to imagine these are wild savage dogs that can tear an antelope apart in moments. The rest of the morning is spent driving along looking for mischief. As none is found, we head back to the lodge for breakfast.

The afternoon game drive is much like the end of the morning. It is 37 degrees at 4 pm and it seems the animals have decided hiding in the shade is preferable to baking in the sun. We do spot a leopard perched high in a tree but he high tails it out of our sights before we can remove our lense
Sun setting on Safari adventures Sun setting on Safari adventures Sun setting on Safari adventures

My best buddy enjoying the last moments of our safari adventure.
caps. We scare a hyena hidden in the long grass by the river but he too runs off to avoid further interruption. The last game drive of our African adventure ends without elephant, rhino or giraffe sightings. You can't PAR every hole... As the sun sets on this leg of our journey, we look back on the absolutely amazing and incredible animals, people and vistas we have been blessed to experience.

Tomorrow we depart for Plettenberg on the southern coast - the Garden Route, along the Indian ocean coastline.

Mouahhhh

MnA

Advertisement



Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb