off to botswana


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
October 12th 2007
Published: October 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello every one still having a good time here at Molemane this week we have been mainkly focusing on reserve maintance such as collecting in old fencing, poisioning tress that are not native as they use too much water was good fun doing that chopping of the bark then painting on posion!!!! i felt so mean!!! also have been creating mitre drains on the tracks in the reserve as the roads are being washer\d away in the rain so this will help stop that that was most iof the work for the week. We have also done a game count for the whole of the reserve counting very animal aseen took alday yesterday was good the weather was crap was freezing and very windy (been like it for most of the week) the sun has come out today though. The other night we went to Madikwe game reserve near biostwana boarder to do an over night game count wasa cool tired went from 6 till 6 was cool say a pride of lions playing Helen the other student videoed it with a night vision ca,era whixch i am getting a copy off was so cool also saw owls and a brown hyeana was amazing that all we saw all night!!! the next day we slept most of it and went on a foot partol!! At molemane u\it is only Helen and me as students and helen is leaving on monday morning to got o Tuli and Martion rang and asked if i aslo wanted to go with her for my last 9 days as i would have been the only student left at Moalemane so i said i would go as i enjoy it at molemane but would like to me around more students as it is more fun and martin said it would be better for me. Tuli is in Bostwana and i am not sure what the project is but i think is elephant and Leopard monitoring which will be amazing so looking forward to it i go there monday morning. Well this is my last blog update as i will be home soon!! 11 or 12 days its gone so fast here going to be sad to leave. Well hope every one is well will see you soon byebye xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ps sorry there is no photos as the internst here is not fast so takes too long to update photos like 1hr to upload 2!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb