Until next time


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape
December 28th 2014
Published: December 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Christmas was for us very different, we went to a restaurant on Christmas Eve for dinner and yet again it was lovely. The journey there was a little different, first we got stopped by pigs crossing the road, a little further on it was the turn of the cows to halt traffic and then a troupe of baboons decided to step out in front, interesting as the road this was all happening on is the main N2 from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth. I suppose it's a bit like the M55 at home and clearly the animal residents think they have a right of way, which they do! Anyway the setting of the restaurant was supurb and the meal delightful. Springbok wandering in the grounds, tree frogs chirping away. it was called Zinzi and there was a waiting list to get in so we thought it would be a no go so we were very surprised when they rang us to confirm we were in. Christmas Day itself was bright and sunny so with our orange juice and bottle of champers we went up to the headland to watch the ocean And made Buck's Fizz. We spent a couple of very happy hours up there but unfortunately the dolphins were not playing so we didn't get any sightings but for us there is nothing like just watching the waves crashing against the rocks. The early afternoon was spent on Skype to family and friends and then we popped down to the waterfront to listen to some live music. Our Christmas dinner was BBQ steak and we finished off with a mince pie and custard! Although the day was tinged with sadness at missing family and friends we made the most of it and enjoyed it.

Saturday we made our way back to Cape Town which took us about 6 hours, a long drive but an easy one as the roads are so good. Another night in Walden House and a yummy meal of Tuna Steak for me and Kingklip for Baz

This morning I have booked us in on line for our flights to Johannesberg and then later our flight to Sydney. It is with some sadness that this is being written as obviously I am sure you can all tell from these blogs how much we love this country and all that it has to offer. Having said that we are very excited to be going on our next leg of the trip and discovering Australia. We have four nights booked in Sydney and then we pick up a car and we will be winging it from thereon. We have a rough plan of what we want to do and how much time we will have but it's a trip up the east coast as far as Cairns although we are thinking about going a bit off and visiting Canberra.

Next time I blog it will be G'day mates! Have a wonderful New Year, don't forget to look out for us on the telly. We will be at the botanical gardens having dinner and champers just across from the Opera House. Enjoy and be happy and healthy in 2015.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



2nd January 2015

Happy New Year
looks like ur having an amazing time:-) hope u had a lovely christmas and have a super new year! lots of love xx
2nd January 2015

Happy New Year
looks like ur having an amazing time:-) hope u had a lovely christmas and have a super new year! lots of love xx

Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb