New Years Eve


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape
December 31st 2011
Published: January 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

I’ve got a secret… and no I’m not pregnant (it will be uploaded on Facebook, hopefully sometime soon).

We left booking places to stay between the 19th - 1st of Jan, quite late but thankfully we did get most of the nights booked. The only night we didn’t have anywhere to stay, was New Year’s Eve. We had a clever plan… which I will come to later. Tonight was the last night of 2011 and we were going to celebrate it in Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, having a ‘picnic in the park’ gig, with 4,998 other people. There were 3 bands playing throughout the course of the evening; a jazz- funk-blues-soul-rock band, the winner of SA idol 6 and a way-to-heavy-rock band called Prime Circle. The evening was all good fun, eating lots of food, listening to some good music.

Now was the time for leaving the party in search for somewhere to stay for the night. Our first option was to sleep in the car, in front of a ‘car guard’ outside the backpackers we stayed at over Christmas. At least it would be kind of safe if not the most comfortable. Our second option (which was the clever one) was, we still knew the codes that got us into the backpackers 2nd building. Upstairs in this building was a couple of sofas that we could sleep on. With it being New Year’s Eve and a backpackers, we thought the chances of people ‘passed out’ sleeping on the sofas would be quite high… so that’s what we pretended to do, until it was time to leave the next morning. We bumped into a number of people who worked at the backpackers, we thought we would get found out and told to go, instead they remembered us from the week before and, I guess, assumed we still stayed there so didn’t batter an eye lid when we were around their premises.

Result! We made it until morning before setting off for our 5 hour drive back towards Port Elizabeth on New Year’s Day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb