Knysna Two


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Knysna
May 18th 2008
Published: June 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

ellieselliesellies

Elephant Park 1
FINALLY!!!! I have taken a break from drinking and partying 2 write this,since we left Plett, I havent had a free second, havent been sober really at all!!!
Knysna's main attraction is definitely not its beaches, there are 3 of them. one is only accessible via a flight of 100 stairs and is not swimmable!!!
It IS known for it's forests and scenic walking trails and hikes.
On the Eastern had you can take a walk up to the viewpoint,and there are some quite adventurous trails around. While trying to sneak across the edge of a cliff on the sea to get to where the fishermen were, we got greeted by a large wave,soaking me of course!!!!
This is also where we discovered Paquitas, a gorgeous restaurant on the edge of the water,huge,with a cosy bar and awesome food!!! hmmmm..Knysna oysters..yummy!!!!
We went to try and find the flea market stalls, but they are not open on weekends, so we made do with the local malls stores, which are unusual ,interesting and worth a look.
Visiting the Knysna Elephant Park was amazing. You get to walk with the elephants, touch and feed them and can even ride one if you like.
ellieselliesellies

Elephant Park 2

They are so cute, but they feel yuggy!!! like all rough and hairy!!!!
Unfortunately it is believed that there are no more Knysna elephants left,so sanctuaries like this are being set up to try and bring up elephants in this area, with the hope of one day re establishing an elephant colony in the knysna forest.
We visited a bird park, with loads of birds from all over the world,the noise was rather interesting!!!! The colours were astounding!!!
We moved to Woodbourne Resort to be on the other side of Knysna,that was nice, more in the forest,further away from everything.
Try the Oyster Catcher restaurant and don't leave Knysna without going to Zanzibar!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

elliesellies
ellies

Elephant Park 3
elliesellies
ellies

Elephant Park 4
elliesellies
ellies

Elephant Park 6
elliesellies
ellies

Elephant Park 7
elliesellies
ellies

Elephant Park 8
elliesellies
ellies

Elephant Park 10
elliesellies
ellies

Elephant Park 11
elliesellies
ellies

Elephant Park 12
toucantoucan
toucan

Toucan
Coney Isle BeachConey Isle Beach
Coney Isle Beach

Coney Isle Beach
Coney Isle BeachConey Isle Beach
Coney Isle Beach

Coney Isle Beach
Coney Isle BeachConey Isle Beach
Coney Isle Beach

Coney Isle Beach 2


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb