Day five


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Hermanus
July 22nd 2010
Published: July 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today has been windy. It is howling and making the sash windows in our hotel room rattle. However, this being SA and winter, the wind is warm, so not totally unpleasant to be out in, which is good, as we will soon be going out to dinner in one of Hermanus’s many restaurants.

Whale watching was the order of the day. Whales come into this bay to enjoy the warmer waters during winter and to breed. Today we were told the whales were across the other side of the bay and one of the best places to see them was a coffee shop overlooking the cliff. It wasn’t very well signposted and by the time we got there the whales had just headed off back round the coast. It was a lovely coffee shop though and once we’d finished we headed around the coast ourselves, saw some whales from a distance and much more besides.

Did we mention climbing/slithering down Table Mountain? Well that was two days ago and I still can’t walk downstairs normally, so I just treated myself to a deep tissue massage in the hotel spa to try and sort out my legs.

We won’t bore you with any whale pictures... a black lump with a spray of water in the middle distance is as good as it gets... but you might be interested in some scenic views of the bay and some rock dassies.

Tomorrow, the plan is to go to one of the Cape’s many vineyards to taste some wine.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb