Hermaus


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Hermanus
May 12th 2008
Published: May 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

road1road1road1

The road to Hermanus..thru the Karoo
The sea is deceptively elusive and can only be glimpsed as you reach Hermanus.I am going to write a letter of complaint about this!!!! Hermanus is magnificent,quaint,friendly,charming,pretty,busy yet calm,and surrounded by wine farms,The houses are picture perfect and the homeowners must spend fortunes on white paint each year!!! Hermanus is where we really started drinking and eating like pigs!!
Had a wicked to die for breakfast at a place on the old harbor outside the mini flea market,which was quite cool.
This is the best whale viewing spot, but since we r out of season, we only got a fin flip or two. Other than this,a few other restaurants/bars and some scenic beach walks,we dind't find much else to do,but we did get in e good fire on the riverfront with marshmallows....yummm!!
A notable restaurant is in the Wine Village just outside Hermanus, The Fish Restaurant, awesome food,homely service and right near 2 the wine farms,so u can stock up before going wine tasting,which is just what we did.*hick*.After 3 wine farms and armed with 10 bottles of wine,we wound our way back down the hill and decided to drive to Mossel Bay for the night.
Went through George,nothing great. Mossel
road2road2road2

Karoo road
Bay was quite busy for a Thursday night.A few restaurants and an Irish pub about does it.The Caravan Park is on the beachfront, but has no trees to speak of and no braai facilities and is very plain,am glad we only stayed the night.Got in a nice beachfront walk around midnight though,along a paved footpath with benches.
We left on Friday for Knysna,and that's where i'm gonna stop 4 now.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

rdrd
rd

Karoo road
rd2rd2
rd2

Karoo Road
BEACHBEACH
BEACH

Hermanus Beach
viewview
view

VIEW FROM CAMPSITE
OATSOATS
OATS

Fishing Boats at the Old Harbour
harbourharbour
harbour

The Old Harbour


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb