Boulders and the Cape of Good Hope


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » False Bay
August 17th 2007
Published: August 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

UsUsUs

I know, we're adorable
We went to see the African Penguins at Boulders between Simons Town and Cape Point. The penguins were adorable and the beaches charming.

Afterward we went to the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point. This was incredible. Probably the most beautiful place I've ever seen. The water was sparkling blue. There was a beach in between the two capes. It was down beneath all the mountains and cliffs. The sand was very white and clean. The water was freezing, but we still put our feet in it and sat for awhile on some rocks looking out at the water. You could see seals surfing the waves. It was very peaceful and I was very happy to be there with Dale...

On the drive back there were dozens of baboons in the streets. All the cars stopped so people could take photos of them. They were so playful and so like humans. Two smaller ones were playing King of the Hill on a street post. The sun was setting on the way back and the mountains glowed orange and pink. When we got back, despite being exhausted I found it difficult to sleep, I didn't want the day to end...


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Dale touching penguinDale touching penguin
Dale touching penguin

Okay, this was NOT a good idea


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb