South Africa 2017


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
July 8th 2017
Published: July 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

DSC_0583DSC_0583DSC_0583

This is Kevin, originally from Michigan. It was great to spend time with him and his wife (even though she is a Buckeye!), who have been serving in Cape Town for 5 years.
God is moving in the NationsFor South Africa, apartheid ended about 20 years ago. For America, almost 60. Through the preaching of MLK Jr. and others, the seeds of civil liberty were planted in churches. Although unspoken in history books, God was moving through our nation, using black and white folks alike to bring about a more just society.

Now, I believe the same is happening in South Africa. Our trip to Cape Town revealed a nation of great disparity, the depths of which few here in America will ever experience. At the same time, missionaries are pouring in to build infrastructure, capacity, and to minister healing. Although it will take time, South Africa is moving toward a more just society.

My friends, the Spirit of God is moving through the nations. Regardless of your creed or station, I call you to serve. Let us serve where we are, and let us not be discouraged. For little by little, we are moving toward a more just world.

#TheBridgeCommission2017


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

DSC_8242DSC_8242
DSC_8242

These are volunteer staff at a Pre-K school in a community called Ocean View. They pour their hearts into a community that sees many tragedies.
DSC_8244DSC_8244
DSC_8244

One of our ministries was to provide a Spa Day for the volunteer teachers, complete with manicures, pedicures, facials, and massages.
DSC_0523DSC_0523
DSC_0523

We also helped to add a second floor to the home of a woman named Boniswa. Boniswa recently lost her sister and adopted her sister's three children.
DSC_0555DSC_0555
DSC_0555

This is Vuyo. Vuyo is an apprentice carpenter working with the missionary who runs the home-building projects. Great guy, love this guy. Vuyo is skilled, knowledgeable, and a great teacher. He plans to use his skills to start a business, such as crafting skateboards.
DSC_0331DSC_0331
DSC_0331

During our time in South Africa, we spent a lot of time bonding as a team, with our hosts Rich and Lynn, and with local missionaries. I thank God for the love that we shared and experienced amongst each other. One highlight sharing, blessing, and prophesying over one another. God allowed us to speak truth into each other’s lives, and the result was profound encouragement. For example, David and Monica, as well as Jason and Debbie, shared about their journeys in faith, and their hearts’ stirrings for the future. Deep tears of joy, support, and mutual trust in God were shed over these couples.
DSC_0193DSC_0193
DSC_0193

Until next time South Africa!


Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb