Cape Town


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
January 8th 2014
Published: January 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Have been slack on my blog recently as it seems we've always got things to do. However, if I don't upload photos now, I won't be able to for a long time. So therefore a brief update verbally on what we've been doing and the rest you can see in pictures.

We’ve been in Cape Town a while now and are just holding off leaving until we get a good weather window. We were going to leave on the weekend, but didn’t and am very glad we waited. The Cape to Rio race also left on the weekend and they were hammered with 60kt winds and 6m swells. Many boats have retired and one crew member has died. Some of the things we have been doing include wine tasting tours, a driving trip to Cape of Good Hope, a stunning visit up on Table Mountain and some other small bits and pieces touring around. We had a lovely Christmas and New Years Eve with sailing friends and have continued to improve and update our boat. The weather has been perfect – lovely, warm, sunny days and cool nights. We are staying at the V&A Waterfront Marina and its a wonderful location, right close to shops, restaurants, and seems to be the hub of Cape Town. We’ve hired a car so that we can get around for boat bits and touring and have even managed to watch a few movies!!



Once we get the weather window we'll be heading off towards Brazil. We will be stopping at St Helena and Ascension Island on the way, but may not be able to access internet. will have to wait and see when the next update will occur!! Fair Winds XX


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.407s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb