Township life


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
October 22nd 2012
Published: October 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Township Life in khayelitsha




The life in the townships has many sides to it and is most of all an exciting way of seeing everyday life as it is for 70%!o(MISSING)f all South African.

As most people, especially those who have never been there think; the township is not safe, how can you work there? Important to know is that this is partly true, especially if you go by yourself and don’t know anybody. With IzizweProjects you are not alone there, we will help you and show you around, introduce you to the people in the area so you are known to them.

We welcome visitors with open arms and are happy for your support. If you would not be safe this would mean we don’t get any more visitors and that would be a disaster for us. Together with the community we will look after you and make sure you are safe and happy.

You can enjoy the street life with it’s stalls with vegetables, meat, hairdressers, car repair shops and all the people and things to see. Our volunteers walk around by themselves without any problems and we have never had any incidents or issues of safety as we need your help!

You will meet so many people who will be welcoming, invite you for a chat or to their homes. You will be able to visit them for a meal sometimes and go to the local shebeens to see the nightlife. We will make sure that you are part of our community and our life during your stay!

So feel welcome and be part of our family!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb