TABLE MOUNTAIN AND THE MATCH


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
June 19th 2010
Published: June 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

At the top of Table Mountain by 9 a.m this morning. A big day and night ahead. We took the cable car to the top of the mountain. Quite a few England supporters were already there dressed in their colours and draped in their flags. A group of them were interviewed for Sky Sports News. If you see them on TV at the top of Table Mountain just remember we were there. Table Mountain is awesome. The views over Cape Town and the surrounding coast line are breath taking. We were lucky the day was so clear, as sometimes you can’t see much because of the mist.
In the afternoon we went to a Fan Fest and watched the German game. There was a big German presence and a not bad showing from the English who gave it out when Germany lost. Wheee Heeee. On to the game of the day. Had a call from Nick and arranged to meet him and Raphael at the waterfront. Guess what. Dumb and Dumber got lost again. We ended up walking on a busy dual carriage way with all the cars tooting at us. By the time we arrived at our destination we had missed Nick, Rapahael, Andy and Dag who we had also arranged to see. The bars at the Waterfront were heaving with England supporters. There were so many. We went off to the stadium and it took our breadth away. It was stunning.
Fortunately we met up with Andy , Dag and their friends in the beer garden. Their friend Ken was a bit of a character. A Scots man, living in SA, dressed in England colours, supporting Algeria, weird or what. Inside the ground everyone had hung their flags. I don’t know if it looked as spectacular on TV as it actually was, but believe me it was pretty impressive.
I am still too angry to comment on the football. Horrified and horrible sums it up. Some England supporters booed the Team at the end of the match and left the stadium in a less than happy mood.
Off to Robben Island tomorrow, weather permitting.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb